Remote Pilot (RP)
Remote Pilots (RP) are responsible for the safe preparation, execution, and post-processing of UAS flights. EuroDragons commercially operates UAS in a multi-crew environment. The Commander (CMD) and Payload Operator (PO) share duties and responsibilities in the functions of Pilot Flying (PF) and Pilot Monitoring (PM) functions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducting all flight operations in accordance with the LUC-Manual, Operations Manual (OM) and UAS Flight Manual (UAS-FM)
- Receiving initial briefing from the Flight Operations Center and verifying that assigned crewmembers meet all regulatory and rest period requirements
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of flight plans considering factors such as weather, terrain, UA weight, UA performance, range, physiological considerations, UTM/ATM facilities and navigational resources.
- Assessing information regarding weather, the flight plan route, flight delays, aircraft performance, obstacle clearance, safety and payload considerations as well as any other relevant information in the briefing
Review the aircraft maintenance records to ensure that the required airworthiness and equipment inspections are up to date.
- High school or university degree preferred
- Experience in commercial (manned) flight operations preferred
- Experience in unmanned aircraft operation preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAO)
- Knowledge of EASA Basic Regulations
- EASA UAS Regulation expertise
- Superior CRM skills
- Ability to manage aviation communications
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple & high-level priorities
- Proactive decision-making skills
- Maintaining service standards in a strict & changing regulatory environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible work approach to match the operational requirements
- Valid driving license class B
- Current EASA Medical class II or higher
- Current EASA Pilot License (PPL) or higher
- Valid ICAO/EASA Language Proficiency (LP) Check English Level 4 or higher
- Valid radio communication certificate (AFZ/BFZ/EFZ)
- No criminal convictions
- Fluent in German and English
- An exciting and challenging job for ambitious UAS aviation enthusiasts
- A secure job in a successful, expanding, young, and internationally active company
- An open and respectful corporate culture characterized by a refreshing team spirit
- Permanent full-time position
- Annual gross salary starting from € 35,000
- Fully paid UAS Basic Training and UAS Type Ratings
- Reimbursement of all costs for maintaining existing (manned) qualifications, licenses, and certificates
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to your application including motivation letter and CV.
EuroDragons is expanding its operational activity as one of the leading companies providing UAS solutions compliant to the Commission Regulation (EU) No. 947/2019. EuroDragons is operating self-manufactured UAS through BVLOS in the SPECIFIC category in an MCC environment. The main ConOps are inspections of powerlines, pipelines, railways, surveys and motorways. In cooperation with its parent company SmartDigital, EuroDragons is one of the leading providers of end-to-end solutions, offering IT-based and blockchain-encrypted platform services. These help to guide customers towards digitalization and AI-boosted automation.